1. Before you leave your home, decide not to come back home with any extra pounds, continue with your healthy journey. If you are able to stay away from junk whilst at home then you also have the power to stay away when you are away from home.
2. Draw out your meal plans: If you eat 3 or 5 or 6 times a day, make sure to continue on that meal plan whilst on holiday to avoid binging. Watch your portions.
3. Drink lots of water, before breakfast, after meal, during the day, with every meal. Stay hydrated
4. Stay active: Get in some physical exercise going to help you burn calories. Make it fun. Find out if the hotel where you are staying has a gym or outdoor exercise or beach exercise. Get involved and enjoy it. Swimming is also a great exercise to do as well as walking.
5. Choose fresh and natural meals and sugars: Eat a lot of greens
6. Indulge but with control and within boundaries: Yes you are on holiday and have the right to enjoy and relax. But bear in mind that you don’t want to undo everything or your hard work pre holiday. Eat within boundaries and if you don’t have control, seek for healthy alternatives. I ate a lot of fruits and vegetables. You can have a cheat day or treat but have it in the right quantity .Trust me; there is a great fulfilment when you come home lighter or even same as you went on holiday.
7. If you have access to a spa, make the most of it: Use the sauna and steam rooms to sweat out some calories. Sweat until your sweat has no salt in it. This also opens up your pores.
8. Relax : Yes you are on holiday, ensure you relax very well. Pamper yourself, dress nice and celebrate yourself. Style and feel great.
Let your motto be – Eat Healthy, Stay Active and Look Fab